The John Hudson Rock Engineering Award
The ISRM Board decided, in June 2019, to institute the ISRM John Hudson Rock Engineering Award, to honour the memory of Professor John Hudson, President of the ISRM from 2007 to 2011.
The award may be conferred upon ISRM Corporate or Individual members or a group of individuals, the first nominee being an ISRM individual member..
The John Hudson Rock Engineering Award is conferred by the ISRM President on a biennial basis, in the 1st and the 3rd year of each ISRM Presidential tenure period, in recognition of one or more of the following achievements in engineering practice:
- developing an outstanding rock engineering project;
- designing and/or completing an outstanding rock engineering project;
- contributing to solving important practical rock engineering problems;
- effectively introducing to current rock engineering practice new and important technologies;
- promoting good practices with innovative technologies and management to reduce time and cost of a rock engineering project;
- promoting good practices with innovative technologies and management to enhance health
Recipients of the award:
The first award will be given in 2020.