Terms of reference
Purpose of the Commission
- To liaise with and assist the appropriate technical sub-committee of CEN (Comité Européen de Normalisation / European Committee for Standardisation) in the evolution of Eurocode 7, such that the code becomes a comprehensively applicable document to rock engineering design and construction;
- To develop guidelines for the use of Eurocode 7 in rock engineering design and construction.
Product of the Commission
The tangible products of the Commission will be many and varied, and will comprise
- As part of its liaison with CEN/TC250/SC7, reports on specific aspects of the evolution of EC7 with regard to rock engineering design;
- Workshops on the application and applicability of EC7 to rock engineering design;
- Reports to the ISRM membership on the use and evolution of EC7 with regard to rock engineering design.
Of perhaps greatest importance, a key product of the Commission will be the direct involvement of the ISRM in the future evolution of EC7.