Terms of reference
Purpose of the Commission
- Compiling case histories of hard rock excavation projects, especially those from the Himalayas, the Alps and the Andes;
- Documenting problems faced during hard rock excavation, particularly in difficult ground conditions;
- Recommendations for avoiding the problems faced;
- Producing a report highlighting the lessons learnt from excavation projects in hard, faulted, water bearing rock with possible squeezing or rock burst.
Product of the Commission
The following two books will be published:
- Lessons Learnt from Case-histories of Tunnelling in Difficult Ground Conditions;
- Best Practice Guide for Tunnelling in Difficult Ground Conditions.