The ISRM Digital Library is a project that was launced in October 2010. Its main objective consists in making available to the Rock Mechanics community worldwide the materials published in the ISRM Congresses and sponsored Symposia, and in this way giving them a greater visibility.
The ISRM Digital Library is part of OnePetro, a large online library managed by the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
ISRM individual members registered on the ISRM website are allowed to download, at no cost, up to 100 papers per year from the ISRM conferences. ISRM corporate members can download 250 papers. Papers from other societies' meetings, such as ARMA, must be paid.
To download your papers for free, follow these insctructions:
- Every ISRM member was given a token, which is a unique numerical string.
- You can obtain your token by logging in at the ISRM website and then clicking on "My Account", on the left of the screen. The token is near the bottom of the screen.
- Then go to the OnePetro site, click on “Register to purchase instant access” and follow the instructions. The OnePetro site username and password are different from those you use at the ISRM site.
- After loging in with your new OnePetro credentials, go to "My Account", then to "Society Memberships" and click on “Add membership details”.
- Under “Add ISRM membership” click on “Redeem your ISRM access token here”.
- Insert your token in order to activate it and follow the instructions on the page. Shortly after you will be able to download the ISRM papers for free.
Please send an email to our Webmaster if you run into any trouble.
Papers from the ISRM Congresses and sponsored Symposia have been gradually introduced in the Library. The following are already available online:
- 2013 ISRM Specialised Conference - Effective and Sustainable Hydraulic Fracturing, Brisbane, Australia.
- 2012 International Symposium, EUROCK 2012 - Rock Engineering & Technology for Sustainable Underground Construction, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2012 Regional Symposium, ARMS7, The Present and Future of Rock Engineering, Seoul, Korea
- 2011 - 12th ISRM Congress - Beijing, China
- 2010 International Symposium, ARMS 6 - Advances in Rock Engineering, New Delhi, India.
- 2010 Regional Symposium, 5th International Symposium on In-Situ Rock Stress: Rock Stress and Earthquakes, Beijing, China.
- 2010 Regional Symposium, EUROCK 2010 - Rock Mechanics in Cicil and Environmental Engineering, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- 2010 ISRM Specialised Conference - Rock Mechanics and Geo-engineering in Volcanic Environments, Puerto de La Cruz, Tenerife, Spain
- 2009 International Symposium, SINOROCK - Rock Characterization, Modelling and Engineering Design Methods, Hong Kong, China.
- 2008 International Symposium, ARMS 5 - New Horizons in Rock Mechanics: Developments and Applications, Tehran, Iran.
- 2007 - 11th ISRM Congress, The Second Half Century of Rock Mechanics, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 2005 International Symposium, EUROCK 2005 – Impact of Human Activity on the Geological Environment, Brno, Czech Republic.
- 2003 - 10th ISRM Congress, Technology Roadmap for Rock Mechanics, Sandton, South Africa.
- 2002 International Symposium, EUROCK 2002 - Rock Engineering for Mountainous Region, Madeira, Portugal
- 2001 International Symposium, ARMS 2 - Frontiers of Rock Mechanics & Sustainable Development in the 21st Century, Beijing, China.
- 2000 International Symposium - GeoEng 2000, Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, Melbourne, Australia.
- 1999 - 9th ISRM Congress, Paris, France.
- 1996 International Symposium, EUROCK 96 – Prediction and Performance in Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering, Turin, Italy.
- 1995 - 8th ISRM Congress, Tokyo, Japan.
- 1993 International Symposium, EUROCK 93 – Safety and Environmental Issues in Rock Mechanics, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 1991 - 7th ISRM Congress, Aachen, Germany.
- 1990 International Symposium - Static and Dynamic Considerations in Rock Engineering, Mbabane, Swaziland.
- 1989 International Symposium - Rock at Great Depth, Pau, France.
- 1988 International Symposium - Rock Mechanics and Power Plants, Madrid, Spain.
- 1987 - 6th ISRM Congress, Montreal, Canada.
- 1986 International Symposium - Rock Stress and Rock Stress Measurements, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 1983 - 5th ISRM Congress, Melbourne, Australia.
- 1982 International Symposium, Rock Mechanics Related to Caverns and Pressure Shafts, Aachen, Germany.
- 1981 International Symposium, Weak Rock - Soft, Fractured and Weathered Rock, Tokyo, Japan.
- 1980 International Symposium, Rockstore 80 - Subsurface Space for Environmental Protection, Low Cost Storage and Energy Saving, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 1979 - 4th ISRM Congress, Montreux, Switzerland.
- 1978 International Symposium, Rock Mechanics Related to Dam Foundations, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 1973 International Symposium, Protection Against Rock Fall, Katowice, Poland
- 1966 - 1st ISRM Congress, Lisbon, Portugal.